Enrolment registrations for Kindergarten 2024 are now open
Kindergarten Central Registration for 2024 attendance
Registrations for 2024 Kindergarten are now open!
Early Start Kindergarten – your child may be eligible!
Early Start Kindergarten provides free or low cost kindergarten to eligible 3 year old children where programs are offered by a qualified teacher.
Children are eligible for Early Start Kindergarten if:
They are aged 3 by 30 April in the year they will be attending a Kindergarten program and:
Your child is Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander OR Your family has had contact with Child Protection or been referred to them by Child First
Changes to Kindergarten Priority of Access / Allocation Criteria:
2024 Kindergarten registrations opened on Wednesday, 1 March 2023 at 9:00am
- Families should visit www.mornpen.vic.gov.au/kindergarten to complete the online registration form
- ‘On-time’ registrations continue until 11:59pm on Sunday, 16 July 2023. All registrations received during this period will be noted as ‘on-time’.
- ‘Late’ registrations will be accepted from 9:00am on Monday, 17 July 2023.
Changes to kindergarten priority of access/allocation criteria:
- On 16 February 2022, Mornington Peninsula Shire Council endorsed an additional level to the Priority of Access / Allocation Criteria for the Kindergarten Central Registration process.
- Starting with 2023 Kindergarten registrations, Level 2 priority will be provided to children currently enrolled at a service. This change will not impact allocation of kindergarten places for children identified under Level 1 of the Priority of Access / Allocation Criteria and is in response to the introduction of funded 3 year old kindergarten, which commenced in 2022.
- Download the 2023 Kindergarten Central Registration Information Book for further information for full details of the Priority of Access / Allocation Criteria:
- Level 1: children identified as high priority
- Level 2: children currently enrolled at the service
- Level 3: children eligible for the Sibling Priority
- Level 4: Children registered for the Kindergarten closest to where they live
- Level 5: Children whose families are Mornington Peninsula Shire residents/ratepayers
Kindergarten Central Registration is a streamlined and transparent application and allocation process, that is fair and equitable for all families to support their access to community kindergarten programs across the Shire.